Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MMC 3/19 Rehearsal

Hi everyone! Happy St. Patty's Day! Hope you're wearing GREEN! Jon Kirkham said he's wearing 3 different shades of it...pretty smart, I think!

Sorry this is late. I've had family in town and didn't plan my time very well for updating the blog. I'll be better, I promise!

Homework Assignment - I WILL be pulling out a quartet again to sing for everyone so be ready!
1. Know "Praise to the Lord" mm. 55-89
2. Memorize the text in the LW #11 mm. 1-7

SECTIONALS:
TB
1. Liebeslieder Walzer, no. 3
2. Johnny Schmoker (Watch this YouTube Video BEFORE rehearsal - come with ideas!) All
3. Frostiana

SA
1. Sing Creations Music On, mm. 70-end, mm. 34-69, All
2. My Heavenly Father Loves Me
3. Liebeslieder Walzer, no. 4

SATB REHEARSAL:
1. Jesus Christ the Apple Tree, mm. 25-36, all
- underline important words, more expression needed
2. Praise to the Lord, mm. 55-89
3. Ev’ry Time I Feel the Spirit
4. Liebeslieder Walzer, No. 2 (diction, dynamics), No. 11 (diction, less emphasis on 2nd syllable, controlled vibrato for more unified sound)
5. Red Red Rose, MM. 21-END, All (expression)
-underline important words
-dynamics
6. Loch Lomond, mm. 28-end, All (diction, dynamics)

REMEMBER TO:
Post comments about certain parts that your section needs to go over at rehearsal.

0 comments: