Friday, March 20, 2009

Homework and 3/26 Rehearsal Schedule

Hey guys! Great rehearsal last night!

HOMEWORK:

1. Men: Know all of “Johnny Schmoker” and “The Pasture”. Watch YouTube video of "Johnny Schmoker" (here's another one) and come with choreography ideas. Memorize text. Underline important words in "The Pasture" (here's a video - not a great example but might be helpful).
2. Women: Know all of “Sing Creations” - Here's a video (I still like the boy choir but this is excellent!) -Mixed Meters, flip r's, round and tall vowels
3. All KNOW "Praise to the Lord" and “Liebeslieder Walzer” No. 2 (Check back for a link to practice files for 'Praise to the Lord')

SECTIONALS:

TB
1. Liebeslieder Walzer, Men: no. 3
2. Johnny Schmoker -Phrasing, Blend, Choreography
3. The Pasture - Underline important words and "lean into" them. Dynamics, phrasing (Baritones - make sure you know your part!)

SA
1. Sing Creations Music On - mm. 34-69, All
2. My Heavenly Father Loves Me
3. Liebeslieder Walzer Women: no. 4

SATB
1. Praise to the Lord - mm. 55-89, quartet, all
2. Ev’ry Time, Over the Rainbow, Come to my Garden
3. Liebeslieder Walzer - No. 2 - diction, dynamics - No. 11 -Remember the last rehearsal! Arms moving through water, Jon Kirkham's awesome example, etc.
4. Red Red Rose -MM. 1-21, All, underline important words, dynamics
5. Loch Lomond- mm. 28-end, quartet, all


Remember to:

Post your comments about spots you'd like to go over, thoughts about the music, etc.

4 comments:

molly and geoff archibald said...

hey erin, is there a way for me to post something about upcoming parties? or should i email it to you and have you post it? see you tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

Either way works! I'd just need to give you the password, etc. Otherwise, you can e-mail it to me and I'll post it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me...I'm trying out all the options - especially to see if anonymous really works - it does! Erin

Chuck said...

Erin,

I have to miss rehearsal tonight. I'm in South Dakota finishing up a project and the rain has been relentless. I was hoping to leave by noon to be back in time, but that is not going to be possible.

My apologies...

Chuck