Hey guys! Great rehearsal last night!
1. Men: Know all of “Johnny Schmoker” and “The Pasture”. Watch YouTube video of "Johnny Schmoker" (here's another one) and come with choreography ideas. Memorize text. Underline important words in "The Pasture" (here's a video - not a great example but might be helpful).
2. Women: Know all of “Sing Creations” - Here's a video (I still like the boy choir but this is excellent!) -Mixed Meters, flip r's, round and tall vowels
3. All KNOW "Praise to the Lord" and “Liebeslieder Walzer” No. 2 (Check back for a link to practice files for 'Praise to the Lord')
1. Liebeslieder Walzer, Men: no. 3
2. Johnny Schmoker -Phrasing, Blend, Choreography
3. The Pasture - Underline important words and "lean into" them. Dynamics, phrasing (Baritones - make sure you know your part!)
1. Sing Creations Music On - mm. 34-69, All
2. My Heavenly Father Loves Me
3. Liebeslieder Walzer Women: no. 4
1. Praise to the Lord - mm. 55-89, quartet, all
2. Ev’ry Time, Over the Rainbow, Come to my Garden
3. Liebeslieder Walzer - No. 2 - diction, dynamics - No. 11 -Remember the last rehearsal! Arms moving through water, Jon Kirkham's awesome example, etc.
4. Red Red Rose -MM. 1-21, All, underline important words, dynamics
5. Loch Lomond- mm. 28-end, quartet, all
Post your comments about spots you'd like to go over, thoughts about the music, etc.